CONCEPT OF URBAN CITY SPACES
Concept of urban open spaces for Scandinavia А101 residential district
New Moscow, Russia
- client: А101, Moscow
- partner: MLA+ SPb
A concept is a tool for integration of values and senses of a project to their tangible implementation. The concept of urban open spaces of Scandinavia A101 residential district is divided into three parts, each having its own contents and application methods:
The Concept of Urban Open Spaces is a framework which establishes a design solution of the residential district’s urban open spaces as one product.
The concept consists of:
- a basic semantic part which provides the grounds for all design solutions, their general character and properties—a complete set of properties of design solutions and their integrity serves as a valuable asset of the project and sets the project aside from other projects;
- spatial analysis of urban open spaces of the whole project—it defines the implementation fields for standard and unique solutions, specifies identity of places in large-scale projects yet assures integrity and common character of all design solutions.
The semantic part of the project is also used to substantiate the brand concept of it. Spacial analysis defines the scale of diversity of design solutions and the design code of the project.
The concept serves both external and internal purpose since it offers semantic grounds for solutions (thus providing for the external side) and technical details, such as boundaries of zones which indicate differences in design solutions (which covers the internal side).
DESIGN CODE [DC]
Design code of urban open spaces is a catalog of design solutions of the project. The code is an absolute necessity for such big projects as a residential district since it offers a shift from multiple local design solutions to a smaller set of generalized solutions. The code establishes integrity and common character of all solutions, which are specified in the urban open spaces concept of the project.
CONCEPTS OF URBAN OPEN SPACES DESIGN
Concepts of urban open spaces design illustrate how values and senses of the Concept find their form in the Design Code and transition to the level of architectural and landscape design of particular urban spaces.
Concepts of urban open spaces design offer examples of solutions for all types of open urban spaces of the project.
- Yards of Scandinavia А101 residential district
- Troll Gardens Park of Scandinavia А101 residential district
- Teniyota Park of Scandinavia А101 residential district
- Central Pedestrian Promenade of Scandinavia А101 residential district